Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking a Chief Electrician to work offshore (Texas). This will be for an intitial 3 month contract.
JOB TITLE: Chief Electrician
REPORTING TO: Rig Maintenance Supervisor
Operating, maintaining and repairing electrical equipment and systems. Organizing and supervising the electrical personnel onboard.
* Providing daily operational guidelines to direct report and ensuring adherence to the company's policies and procedures.
* Ensure that all manuals, policies and procedures are revised and that logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements
* Sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required are maintained.
* That all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
* That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
* Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
* Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by the supervisor.
* All drills and checks are conducted as required.
* Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
* Compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
* Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
* Compliance with the company's training, certification and competence requirements.
* Compliance with the company's housekeeping standards
* Compliance with the company's Code of Conduct.
* Development of direct report
* A minimum of 10 years of oilfield experience with at least 5 years in similar capacity
* OPITO approved Offshore Survival Certificate including HUET
* Valid Offshore Medical Certificate by OGUK (Validity of 1 year)
* Willing to work worldwide
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.