Our client, a major company within the LNG industry is seeking a Civil Engineer to work on an assignment within their facilities in Houston, TX on an open-ended contract.
The Civil/Structural Engineer will provide technical assistance and support the detailed design phases as well as the field actitivies.
They're expected to review and support the application of design and engineering standards of the civil / structural works, in line with the company's objectives of safety, reliability, maintainability and minimization of lifetime costs.
Monitor the construction and installation of related civil / structural activities including site preparation work, piling installation, form work, rebar installation, concrete mix design and placement, structural steel and platforms erection / installation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering required
- Requires a minimum of 7 year experience in management of a large construction
- Professional Engineering License in good standing preferred
- LNG Background
- Must have a good working knowledge of all Civil codes and standards
- Familiarity and ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical diagrams, including flow charts, cause/effect diagrams, and Piping and Instrument Drawings (P&IDs)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- In depth knowledge and understanding of construction practices/techniques, contract laws, and project controls
- Audit EPC detailed designs for civil / structural engineering.
- Overseeing and managing EPC Contractor's civil construction activities
- Ensure that the civil / structural engineering design and safe implementation, performs the engineering design; and meet the Project Specifications
- Participate in Process HAZID and HAZOP analysis as needed.
- Interface with EPC counterparts and other EPC disciplines on a project task force. This position will have extensive EPC and vendor interface, so communication skills must be excellent.
- Stay abreast of current Civil Equipment developments thru participation in Industry technical shows and committees.
- Tracking construction schedule and progress and ensuring overall project schedule compliance.
- Attending and participating in regular Contractor construction meetings.
- Resolving or recommending resolutions to management for contractual disputes between owner and contractor.