Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Process Operator for a 12 months contract to work on a rotational basis within their facilities located in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
You will be responsible for detecting and responding to active and potential malfunction and equipment failures to ensure functionality and productivity. Will also oversee starting up, maintaining, and operating a SAGD Facility, while reporting to the Shift Supervisor.
Your daily activities can involve:
- Starting up and shutting down process equipment under normal conditions as well as under emergency conditions including timely notifications as required
- Demonstrating a full and comprehensive understanding of all the process and safety systems to control the CPF in a safe, effective and efficient manner
- Conducting daily routine housekeeping, testing and data collection
- Ensuring a safe work environment
- Reporting abnormal and unusual conditions that develop during the daily work schedule to the Shift Supervisor
- Reacting to abnormal situations and process incidents by making prompt and safe adjustments to maintain effective and safe production
- Managing a variety of process equipment as per recommended operating parameters and set points and maintains KPI's
- Providing detailed and comprehensive reports as required on operations and existing conditions and produces effective shift turnover notes
- Reporting equipment malfunctions directly to the Shift Supervisor
- Adhering to standard operating procedures and special instructions as required
- Being involved in the Competency Assurance Program
- Working closely with Shift Supervisor to optimize plant processes
- Collaborate with the Unit Panel Operator to ensure a safe, effective & efficient operation
- Reading and analyzing specifications, schedules, shift logs, email correspondence and test results to determine changes to equipment controls required to produce specified product
- Complying and recording operating data, instrument readings, documents, and results of laboratory analyses. Maintains the Shift Log including pertinent information to the daily activities, times, personnel, equipment and outstanding issues.