Community Relations Coordinator
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solutions to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled. Right now, one of our clients has this opportunity.
Our client is seeking a Community Relations Coordinator in Calgary, AB. This is a full-time, 1-year contract with the potential for extension.
- Assist with the administration of external community relations contractors
- Prepare and distribute Community Relations reports as required
- Assist with the development and implementation of event plans as required (i.e. open houses, local community outreach activities, project participation in fairs / forums, etc.)
- Assist in the development of project communication materials including fact sheets, brochures, display materials, newsletters, etc.
- Coordinate travel and communicate logistical plans for community relations and other project team members as required by projects
- Liaise with project teams and communications department to help manage materials associated with public involvement activities
- Manage and support the Stakeholder Engagement Framework SharePoint Site and assist with other internal SharePoint sites
- Monitor and manage the Community Relations e-mail and voicemail box
- Create and manage community relations team files Community Investment
- Conduct research on grant requests, negotiate recognition opportunities, and make recommendations that support and enhance the company's reputation, growth strategy and commitment to communities
- Coordinate the delivery of special events and campaigns associated with corporate partnerships
- Coordinate fulfillment of sponsorship benefits, including recognition, speaking opportunities and corporate hosting opportunities
- Develop communication materials associated with corporate partnerships (talking points, briefing notes, blogs, ads, news releases, promotional items, etc.)
- Liaise with External Corporate Communications to leverage community investment initiatives through social media, media relations and marketing programs
- Contribute community investment content for external corporate and sustainability reporting
- Track activation budgets associated with corporate partnerships
- Represent TransCanada to external stakeholders by attending and participating in community and sponsorship events
- Develop sponsorship and gift agreements
- Collaborate with regions and projects to evaluate initiatives and implement activation opportunities
- Provide administrative support for the Empower program, including customer support, event planning and tool administration.
- University degree in relevant discipline
- Strong computer skills
- Motivated and willing-to-learn
- Experience coordinating events (asset)