Community Relations Coordinator
Posted: 05-01-2018 18:29
Colombia, , Colombia
- Responsible for Social interactions in the San Martin and Aguachica areas associated with the activities on the PicoPlata and Piranga pads.
- Under the direction of the Community Relations Lead, and in conjunction with the operations and HSE teams, develop and support an overall social plan that eliminates blockades or work stoppages, helps minimize local vendor cost, ensures no conflict of interest, improves local vendor performance through coaching aligned with the operations team and supports operations
- During the days on field the social coordinator will be the key contact for Communities in the area regarding any issues they may have.
- Under the Community Relations Lead, be a key contact for Government agencies and other external entities in the area that seek understanding of the project or have specific issues regarding the project. All Government related contacts and meeting will have to be informed previously to the Community Relations Lead.
- Communicate COP SPIRIT (Safety, People, Innovation, Responsibility, Integrity, and Teamwork) Values and promote the positive impacts of COPs presence to the Communities.
- Support the HSE expectations and ensure a safe work environment
- Maintain a repository of presentations and materials that can be distributed to the Communities and other entities.
- Coordinate with Security, Well Operations, Environment, and Social Investment groups on the Operations and Contract obligations.
- Coordinate social reporting for internal and authority purposes in a proper manner
- Previous social experience in Colombia
- Understanding of oilfield operations
- Good interpersonal skills, effectiveness in a multi-cultural, multi-national environment
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work within teams
- Strong influencing, leadership and organizational skills are critical, as the successful candidate must be willing and able to communicate effectively with all major stakeholders. Able to deal with suppliers, employees and Government officials as necessary.
- Spanish Speaking, write and submit obligatory reports in Spanish