Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Workman Compensation Coordinator to work within their facilities located in San Antonio, Texas.
You will be responsible for overseeing Workers Compensation data entry through the appropriate databases and tracking systems, review and inform employees of their specific workers' compensation benefits and leave policies, communicate and coordinate with employee and management on return to work and modified duty activity, and other required activities.
- Enter claims in the database.
- Work with associates to obtain all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain claims management system for tracking open workers' compensation claims and related activities.
- Handle lost time and indemnity status claims. Communicate regularly with employees losing time or on light duty. Provide information and regular feedback to sites regarding injured employees (i.e. anticipated return to work, medical progress, etc.).
- Coordinate light duty program with medical providers, adjusters, employees and sites after a lost time injury occurs. Provide information to medical providers to facilitate their understanding of the employee's regular job and available work alternatives.
- Advise employees on their specific workers' compensation benefits, responsibilities and requirements. Send certified offer letters to employees offering light duty assignments when medical provider indicates modified duty and send other necessary communication to employees regarding workers' compensation.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements for states that maintain state-run programs.
- Complete and maintain records and reports required for workers' compensation claims.
- Track data related to key trends and opportunities in the workers' compensation program. Maintain dashboard metrics that demonstrate the overall health of program.
- Process incoming calls, emails and system notifications regarding incidence of workers' compensation claim
- Monitors claims for accuracy by reviewing claims filed by employees for completion and timely submission related to incidents
- Delivers communication with employees, managers, insurance carriers, medical staff and legal as needed
- Provide employees/managers with information and assistance regarding potential leaves
- Coordinate return to work between employee and company.
- Coordinate with Medical provider to facilitate return to work with restrictions or modified duty.
- Coordinate leaves with Short Term Disability department and Workers' Compensation Claims Teams to properly administer concurrent leaves
- Update employee records by communicating with HR/Payroll as appropriate
- Escalate issues to the proper management resource as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree; experience in lieu of degree.
- Two or more years of professional experience in Workers Compensation is preferred.
- Multi-state workers' compensation claims handling experience
- Ability to interact and work effectively with internal staff, external advisors and stakeholders
- Ability to make effective, well-reasoned decisions in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior leave management experience preferred
- Knowledge of FMLA regulations and requirements is highly desired
- Must have a strong disposition toward customer service and proven aptitude for computer-based leave transaction processing
- Candidate must have exemplary organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of the use of the ESIS or related claim management system
- Ability to use SharePoint, Access and Excel at a high level