Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is seeking a Compressor Mechanic to join the team on a contract to hire basis to support their Permian Basin Operations.
The compressor mechanic will be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing natural gas engines, compressors, generators, turbines and other power-driven equipment. As well as monitoring and stimulating maximum efficiency and productivity to minimize problems and downtime, in a safely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspecting engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; supervise and schedule repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Will be responsible for monitor and stimulate maximum efficiency and productivity to minimize problems and downtime.
- Overhaul, repairs and maintenance of engines, compressors, pumps, turbines and motors.
- Detailed awareness of compressor components including: lubrication systems, shut-down systems, loading and unloading valves, pistons, valves and electrical systems.
- Performing lockout/tagout, starting/stopping of equipment, and perform equipment checks.
- Must meet required production rate expectations.
- Performing job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Assure that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production.
- General upkeep of facilities and equipment including: engines/compressors, company vehicle, shops and tool rooms.
- 2-5 years of industry experience required
- Knowledge and experience on compression, process and production equipment, as well as electrical systems, including panel boards, skid wiring, etc.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, SAP
- Must have a proven safe driving record.
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Position is subject to U.S. Department of Transportation Drug & Alcohol related regulations
- Outdoor work required with exposure to elements.
- Driving, walking, standing frequently arm/wrist/hand movement.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Travel Required
The ideal candidate will have
- Caterpillar 3600 & CM 34 Engine Experience
- Strong mechanical background with working knowledge of the operation and maintenance requirements for natural gas compressors and auxiliary equipment.