Our client, a global oil company, is seeking someone for a Construction Scheduler position to work within their facilities located in Jordanton, TX.
The Construction Scheduler position is responsible for scheduling Civil, Mechanical and Construction work for all projects via the work orders and/or purchase requisitions in our SAP System. The Construction Scheduler will need to ensure that projects are scheduled in a timely manner and that the Construction supervisors have the materials and services to complete the work in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
It is expected that the position holder will establish, manage, review, and maintain the Construction projects work orders and purchase requisitions, ensuring that all vendors have the required information to start the job on time, and all materials are delivered in a timely manner, so the project remains on track.
This will require excellent verbal, computer and SAP skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Generate work orders and purchase requisitions within SAP in a timely manner based on estimates from Facility Engineers and Construction Supervisors.
- Update or increase project budgets when needed/instructed
- Coordinate the delivery of material to field
- Prioritize projects based on urgency
- Work with vendors to improve method of purchasing goods based on knowledge of previous projects
- Coordinate with procurement when items require a new or updated contract
- Establish, manage, review and maintain the construction project schedule in SAP
- Working with engineers and construction supervisors on project updates.
- Minimum High School, GED, or equivalent.
- Business or Technical Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous SAP experience with building and creating work orders and purchase requisitions required
- Minimum 3 years industry experience
- Expert knowledge of building and creating work orders and purchase requisitions in SAP
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced SAP, Microsoft Office Suite, and Database Mining software skills.
- Solid detail orientation and high organizational skills.
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- Ability to lead groups in problem solving and process improvement.
- Ability to see where we are today, where we need to be in the future, and identify what needs to be done to reach those goals (continuous improvement).