Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solutions to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled. Right now, one of our clients has this opportunity.
Our client is seeking a Construction Coordinator for their downtown Calgary office. This is a one year contract with potential for extension.
- Liaise with and report to the Construction Manager daily.
- Assist in preparing Construction contracts and scopes of work for RFP packages and SROs.
- Act as a liaison between the Field Construction Inspection Team and Operations and Maintenance staff.
- Coordinate arrangements with operations to facilitate pipeline or facility construction activities to proceed through Company facilities.
- Liaise with the Pipeline Control Center as required.
- Assist in the preparation and issuance of Safe Work Permits when required.
- Ensures all applicable personnel are issued drawing revisions and are informed of any changes to the design. Should the field conditions encountered differ from those assumed in the design, the coordinator must quantify the changed conditions and make recommendations on design changes, through the Chief Inspector, Construction Manager.
- To provide all necessary assistance to the Construction Manager in assessing the cost and schedule implications that may result from design changes.
- To interface with the Construction Manager on all facets of technical changes. This includes preparing all necessary technical documentation, which will support all field changes, as well as expedite, through the Construction Manager, the issuance of all field changes.
- Update the Construction Manager detailing various milestones completed and to be completed in the form of weekly progress updates.
- Assume responsibility for the routine audits and assembly of all required as-built information and when assigned, to assist with the control and coordination of the activities of the construction survey Contractor.
- Ensures that the information produced by the construction survey Contractor is correct and in the form required under the terms of their contract.
- Ensures that Activity Inspectors are alerted to and aware of important engineering and safety requirements, in advance of the Contractor starting construction on these features.
- Assist in the coordination of line fill activities if required. To monitor pressure testing with the assistance of the hydrotest Inspector so as to ensure that such testing is conducted in accordance with all applicable Codes, Regulations and the Specifications.
- To assist with the compilation of records for each hydrotest conducted, complete with all testing documentation, all in keeping with the hydrotest manual, including: pressure charts; dead weight readings; recorder calibration records; yield plots and leak reports.
- Assist project team in putting together construction documentation required for the leave to open (LTO) permit or other regulatory submissions.
- Upon completion of construction, to interface with and provide necessary assistance to the team preparing the final as-built drawings; pipe records and permanent retention documentation.
- Assist and liaison with Operations for Outages and Outage planning activities.
- Communication with Pipeline Operations for any field activities which may result in an interruption to service of the pipeline operating system.
- When assigned, to coordinate material delivery between the field and Purchasing Department to meet project schedule requirements.
- Comply with Company Safety and Environment policies and procedures and support field inspection staff in managing Contractor safety and environmental performance.
- Requires 0-3 years of experience
- Degree in relevant discipline