The Construction Coordinators will be responsible for coordinating multiple projects and maintenance works. An electrical background with the ability to coordinate mechanical work will be highly regarded.
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
We are currently recruiting for a Construction Coordinator - Electrical on behalf of our client.
Location- Newcastle, NSW
- Ensure that assigned major maintenance, minor capital projects and other packages are delivered effectively and safely;
- Ensure project definition, procurement, delivery (schedule, cost and quality), coordination and handover to operators is carried out effectively and safely to meet client requirements;
- Ensure high integrity in tendering and commercial interactions;
- Act as Representative under the client Permit to work system to ensure contractors perform work at site in line with safety, operational and IR plans/objectives;
- Undertake and support other project delivery / coordination activities as may be required within capabilities and skill set;
- Provide regular feedback to customers on status of projects.
- An Electrical qualification (Trade, Diploma or Tertiary level);
- Ability to act as Project Engineer or Manager when required
- Confident in dealing with clients and contractors directly
- An electrical background, with the ability to coordinate mechanical work would be preferred
- Excellent PC skills in relevant Microsoft suite products
- Sound knowledge of OH&S requirements
- Proven ability to plan and schedule activities within an industrial/maintenance environment
- Budget preparation and cost control experience
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable
- Several years' supervisory experience in an industrial environment is essential
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Strong communication skills and excellent customer focus, to be able to consistently meet company and its client's needs;
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions or effective communications up the line and assist in the development of appropriate and innovative solutions; and willing to ask for assistance if required
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted by the 15th December 2017.