Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Construction Field Tech to work within their facilities located in Douglas and Casper, Wyoming.
Responsibly will include the ability to oversee and direct contractors in the construction of power infrastructure, water and oil gathering infrastructure and the maintenance of existing systems. This individual will be a primary resource for all aspects of electrical power, water and oil gathering Operations, from high voltage utility services, electric motors to excavation and installation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise, schedule and coordinate activities of contract electricians or line crews in coordination with Superintendent(s) and Corporate Staff.
- Supervise, schedule and coordinate activities of contract excavation or pipeline crews in coordination with Superintendent(s) and Corporate Staff.
- Supervise contractors during the construction of electrical power, water and/or oil gathering infrastructure with Oil & Gas operations.
- Supervise electrical contractors during installation and maintenance of electrical power systems and panels related to various forms of artificial lift, fluid transfer and Oil & Gas production facilities.
- Supervise the installation, repair, and maintenance of generators and ancillary equipment. Troubleshoot systems as required.
- Supervise and drive a preventative maintenance program for electrical systems. Implement new technologies and methodologies in the electrical power field.
- Train contractors and mentor employees on safe work practices associated with all electrical equipment, trenching and excavation.
- Ensure employees and contractors are adhering to all applicable company policies, applicable NEC codes and OSHA regulations.
- Work with EHS&R Representatives to investigate and complete incident and accident reports as warranted.
- Coordinates the day-to-day work activities for a team of field personnel and contractors.
- Inspects work progress, equipment, construction sites to verify safety or and to ensure specifications are met.
- Estimates materials and worker requirements needed to complete jobs.
- Confers with managerial or technical personnel to resolve problems and issues that arise.
- Seeks opportunities to streamline processes, optimize productivity, eliminate inefficiencies, and cut costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Knowledge of pipeline operations.
- Knowledge of the technology, terminology, applications, and procedures associated with oilfield electrical systems, components, and operations.
- Knowledge of oilfield equipment operations, including their designs, uses, repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to evaluate proposed infrastructure projects, discuss enhancements, and carry out projects.
- Knowledge of industry safety and environmental standards, requirements and regulations.
- Ability to minimize cost by utilizing sound engineering practices, project planning, and the bidding process.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize duties and daily tasks to meet deadlines and manage work load.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures in order to prepare and maintain reports, budgets, and administrative records as required.
- Ability to read P&ID, ortho, and isometric drawings.
- Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Electrical Contractor license preferred.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- DOT, OCC, FERC, EPA, ODEQ One-Call and other applicable regulatory agencies preferred.
- 5-8+ years of related work experience required.