CONTRACT ADVISOR - COMMERCIAL PHASE
Our client, a leading company in engineering, drilling and construction of major projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors, are looking for a Contract/Legal Advisor to join their Contract Management Department in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Paris.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Paris
Start Date: ASAP
The Contractor Advisor will mainly support the Tendering department on a day to day basis, including contract documents review and negotiation for engineering services, R&D and major Lump Sum Turn Key Projects.
The Contract Advisor will also support the Procurement department as well as other Company's Functions.
The successful candidate will join an international and dynamic team and will work with the aim of securing Saipem's position in its contractual relationships, identifying the risks and making sure that Saipem policies are complied with.
- Reviewing, qualifying and negotiating terms and conditions issued by Clients;
- Identifying and advising Tendering Team on steps to mitigate potential contractual risks;
- Interfacing with the Company's functions, such as Finance, Taxes, Insurances and Operations, as well as relevant Corporate Offices;
- Review and negotiate confidentiality agreements, pre-bid agreements, consortium or joint venture agreements;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with suppliers/subcontractors
- Participating to assessment of the risks pertaining to the contract and information to the management.
- Master 2 in Business Law or similar law degree
- Atleat 10 years previous qualified experience minimum ideally in the Oil and Gas and/or infrastructure projects within an international law firm or company.
- Proven experience of reviewing and advising on tendering contracts and effective negotiation skills are essential.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of common law
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, listening and influencing
- Team player
- International mobility required