Our client, one of the largest exploration and production companies, is seeking a Contracts Attorney to work in their Downstream and Chemicals Business facilities in Houston, Texas. This in an initial six-month contract with high possibility of going permanent based on excellent performance and skills.
The Contracts Attorney would be responsible for drafting, processing finalizing and coordinating the execution of a variety of IT agreements, including Cloud, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Software Licensing, IT Professional Services, SOWs, Evaluation, and other agreements for hardware/software.
- Preparing and negotiating a variety of information technology agreements including, but not limited to the following: Cloud agreement, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Software License, IT Professional Services, SOWs, Evaluation, and other agreements for software/hardware, all based on consultation with business partners and review by attorneys.
- Engaging and providing recommendations (risk analysis) to procurement, various business partners, SMEs, IT security teams and attorneys to negotiate the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- Working closely with subject matter experts, including tax, IT security/ information risk management, data privacy and other compliance counsels to negotiate appropriate terms.
- Issue spotting and communicating risks to various stakeholders.
- Working closely with business partners and attorneys to resolve a variety of day-to-day issues and supporting a broad range of IT transactions and/or projects.
- Performing legal due diligence and engaging with various stakeholders to ensure that Chevron guidelines and policies are followed.
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing work assignments to consistently provide high-quality work product in a high growth and fast-paced work environment.
- JD degree licensed to practice law required, preferably in California or Texas.
- Experience as an attorney supporting IT transactions.
- Contracting expertise relating to IT agreements, including the ability to effectively analyze and communicate IT and legal issues across broad functional and organizational lines (e.g., procurement, business partners and attorneys) required.
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills required.
- A general understanding of concepts relating to confidentiality, data security and intellectual property in IT transactions.