Our client is seeking a Control Room Operator to join the team in OKC, OK on a long-term, open-ended contract with the potential to go company with the client in the long term future.
The successful candidate will provide continuous monitoring and analysis of field operations. By using real time surveillance dashboards, SCADA tools and live maps they will strive to increase production through reduced downtime and well optimization. They will also be expected to collaborate with the field production team to drive efficiencies and enable a Pump by Priority philosophy through the use of Digital Oil Field techniques. This position will be based in Oklahoma City and report to the Control Room Supervisor.
- Cultivate a Strong Safety Culture
- Complete mandatory training and HES leadership engagements.
- Assist in developing Emergency Response processes for HES support.
- Work with field operations teams to ensure safety and environmental concerns are addressed.
- Data Management / Business Tools
- Monitor transmitters, safety devices and field equipment. Provide real time feedback and diagnostics to field personnel.
- Perform data validation, analysis, and reporting for the operations team. Ensure that data integrity is high to provide a firm basis for decision making.
- Serve as a central point of contact and information center for Operations personnel and field related activity.
- Function as primary field contact for oil, water, and gas sales.
- Manage automated reports needed by management; identify and develop additional tools and reports as needed.
- Drive engagement with other ORB business groups to ensure strong working relationships.
- Interact and share ideas with production team to drive efficiencies and reduce operating costs.
- Communicate often with field operators and production supervisors to confirm we are effectively supporting their team and providing value where most needed.
- Work with Dashboard Development Team on ideas and enhancements. Provide use case scenarios to support development ideas.
- Provide training to various personnel on the tools utilized in the Control Room.
- Actively collaborate and foster relationships with other Control Room operators on all shifts and hitches.
- Develop cross asset relationships with peers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years in an oil and gas field operations based position
- Experience analyzing well performance for tight, unconventional reservoirs
- Motivated to drive efficiencies and learn new technologies
- Willingness to embrace change and act as a catalyst as behaviors shift across the asset
- Ability to execute in an environment with competing priorities
- Ability to leverage technology and guide process and systems discussions
- Ability to make well informed decisions in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to communicate in a positive, respectful and effective manner to both field and office personnel regarding technical and business related needs
- Microsoft Office Products, eVIN, SCADA/Wonderware and LOWIS proficiency. WellView and Spotfire familiarity is a plus
- Ability to work 12hr. shifts in an office environment with the potential for a rotating day/night hitch schedule