Our client, an American multinational energy corporation, is seeking someone for the Cost Analyst position to work within their facilities located in Midland, TX.
The Cost Analyst delivers the least cost and highly effective options for Schedule & Cost Management. The Project Controller is responsible for creating and maintaining a project schedule and budget to support and align with the project requirements. This role provides support to the Project Manager and is not intended to be a replacement.
- Develop and execute project & financial control processes & tools
- Plan, create and maintain resource leveled project schedule(s) utilizing our client's best practices and value adding processes
- Plan, create and maintain a project budget utilizing our client's best practices and value adding processes
- Work closely with the Project Manager to provide analytical insights on the schedule & cost to enable pro-active decision making
- Provide input to project status reporting
- Schedule and facilitate meetings for planning, budgeting and project controls
- Provide invoice analysis
- Develops, communicates, deploys and monitors planning & control processes and tools (e.g. schedule maintenance, status reporting, resource management, change control, etc.)
- Plans and coordinates the development of an overall integrated project schedule with the Project Manager and Team Members.
- Assures that planning standards, practices and tools are compliant with the company's best practices and value adding processes (e.g. probabilistic scheduling, resource loaded and leveled project schedule, PPM reporting, MS Project Server).
- Develops reports to track & communicate project progress based on agreed cadence (weekly and/or monthly) including critical path, earned value and future work forecast analysis.
- Provides support to the Project Manager on the staffing profile and plan
- Analyzes at risk and lagging deliverables highlighting to the Project Manager the impact to the schedule. Collaborates with the Project Manager on a mitigation plan
- Establishes, administers, and maintains project financial planning, monitoring and controlling best practices.
- Ensures alignment between the project budget and schedule
- Develops enhanced management reporting to facilitate the review of the financial forecast and improve the usefulness of the information for management in decision making.
- Assist in classifying and tracking Capital and Operating Expenses including alignment with the OPCO.
- Analyzes cost over/under-runs highlighting to the Project Manager the impact to the budget. Collaborates with the Project Manager on a mitigation plan.
- Ensures the establishment and maintenance of charge codes in SAP.
- Reviews and analyses project invoices to ensure accuracy and timely submission.
- Works in coordination with the Project Manager to update various status reporting systems (e.g. PPM) with project health information and metrics.
- Schedules and facilitates all planning and project status meetings
- Provides schedule and cost input into DE/DRB, major Phase Gates, PAR meetings and other presentation documentation.
- Assists the Project Manager with the Information Management Plan & execution
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology or related field with 10+ years of progressive experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP/PMI) certification a plus
- Microsoft Project 2010, Managing Projects certification
- Microsoft Project Server 2010, Configuration certification a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required
- Must have knowledge in the following financial project control areas: forecasting, budgeting, planning, estimating and cost analysis
- Must have knowledge in the following planning project control areas: earned value analysis, probabilistic estimating and critical path identification and analysis
- Experience in reporting and tracking project work efforts and cost on complex project ($5MM)
- Able to work across multiple teams with different leadership styles
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to understand the project scope and execution methodology and its relationship to the Work Breakdown Structure (not just a data entry clerk)
- Ability to facilitate meetings