Our client, a major Canadian natural gas company, is seeking someone for the Cost Control Specialist position to work within their facilities located in Chatham, ON.
- Daily and weekly tracking and reconciliation of Alliance Partner (AP) contractor costs based on source documents (i.e. timesheets) in accordance with Engineering Construction processes and procedures
- Review AP invoices and Tracking/Forecasting reports for proper collection of incurred costs and accruals
- Review all 3rd party invoices (accruals) incurred by APs and ensure they are up to date.
- Cross reference for duplication
- Run CARS reports to verify all approved invoicing has been properly billed by APs
- Interfacing with project managers and contractors to promptly resolve AP invoices discrepancies
- Arrange weekly Project Controls meeting with AP and Project Managers and take meeting minutes
- Prepare AP project Close-out forms and AP Change Orders for Project Managers
- Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of NDE costs (i.e. Acuren).
- Track costs against P.O. limits
- Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of geotechnical, electrical, third party engineering studies, as required.
- Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of internal costs through SAP (i.e. SMC, lands, first nations)
- Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of inspection costs (i.e. TES)
- As required, run by-weekly BPC report to update project actual costs for O&M and Integrity Capital accounts
- As required, run BPC reports to update project actual costs for turnkey projects
- Preparation of weekly and up-to-date budget and variance reports, as requested by Project Manager
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data and analysis
- Maintain positive working relationship with project managers and APs
- Capability to handle multiple projects in established deadlines while managing priorities and stakeholder expectations
- College/University degree diploma in Business Administration or Accounting strongly preferred
- Experience working on construction projects in the utilities or oil & gas sectors
- Working knowledge of cost control tools