We are currently seeking a highly capable Cost Controller for an exciting upstream project. The Cost Controller will be responsible for providing cost expertise through timely monitoring, controlling, analysing and reporting of project cost and progress information. They will have a strong focus on trending, forecasting and management of change. They will proactively influence management of cost and time outcomes during the project life cycle phases.
- Develop, update and present cost forecasts for major CAPEX upstream Oil & Gas project
- Ensure the proper registration, validation and reporting of actual costs that are charged to the Project
- Coordinate preparation of any additional funding requests
- Summarize the cost estimates in the standard estimate work breakdown structure to facilitate benchmarking, risk assessments, and reporting requirements
- Validation of contractor cost estimates for completeness, accuracy and against historical benchmarks for services, labour and materials
- Participate in the development and provision of monthly cost and schedule reporting (presentations, reports to management and shareholders)
- Demonstrates strong leadership competencies
- Takes accountability, and ownership of your work
- Drives performance among the team
- Capable of Makes decisions
- String teamworking ability and Collaborates effectively
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Finance, Business or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of cost estimating and cost forecasting experience in major upstream capital projects
- Minimum of five years' experience in subsea/pipelines cost benchmarking, estimating and cost control activities
- Demonstrated understanding of project controls and project contracting and procurement disciplines and their relationship to cost estimating and cost forecasting activities
- Familiar with the use of proprietary and custom computer software systems used for estimating, cost control and project management
- Highly effective communication skills and ability to develop and present reports and analysis at all levels, including presentations to senior management.
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. For a confidential discussion about this role, please contract our Senior Recruitment Consultant - Abigail Aitken on (08) 6318 1180