Our client, a multinational oil & gas company, is seeking someone for a Cost Engineer position to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX.
The Cost Engineer will be responsible for the preparation of budgets; Cost tracking; Analysing trends; Forecasting costs.
- Prepare yearly budgets and analysis.
- Review financial postings and documents prepared by others for accuracy and resolve audit findings.
- Monthly department cost tracking, reporting and analysis.
- Prepare monthly departmental cost reallocations.
- Conduct rate analysis to determine appropriate reimbursement levels and sets rates accordingly.
- Measures cost per unit of service to determine whether fees are being set at appropriate levels.
- Consults with and advises department management and accounting personnel on a wide range of cost accounting matters
- Extensive background in cost reporting and analysis.
- Must be detailed oriented and accurate.
- Must be able to effectively perform multiple complex tasks.
- Must have high standard of business ethics.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; both oral and written.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, Visio, Crystal Reports, Fleet Focus, SAP, E-Accounting, Budget Book, Info-Edge and able to learn specialized software quickly.