Our client, an Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for a Cost Engineer to be based in their Surrey offices. The role is offered with an immediate start, a long term contract and a negotiable all-inclusive daily rate.
As Cost Engineer you'll be responsible for providing advisory support to the project management team related to all the cost related activities.
- Prepare yearly budgets and analysis.
- Review financial postings and documents prepared by others for accuracy and resolve audit findings.
- Monthly department cost tracking, reporting and analysis.
- Prepare monthly departmental cost reallocations.
- Conduct rate analysis to determine appropriate reimbursement levels and sets rates accordingly.
- Measures cost per unit of service to determine whether fees are being set at appropriate levels.
- Consults with and advises department management and accounting personnel on a wide range of cost accounting matters.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally have a degree in Engineering, Business or related subject
- Extensive experience within Cost Engineering working on Oil and Gas projects
- Past experience working for Oil and Gas Operating Companies would be advantageous
- Mega Capital Project experience would be beneficial