Our client, a major player in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking someone for a Cost Engineering Analyst position to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX.
The Cost Engineering (CE) Analyst will provide project controls and reporting for a project portfolio, for multiple Project Managers to enable predictive and disciplined cost management.
- Supports the funding process, preparation for investment decision and service orders.
- Track project performance using earned value management and make project plan adjustments where needed.
- Tracks change log
- Interfaces with scheduling and procurement to ensure all critical items are reflected in cost report to aid decision making.
- Supports business planning activities including, regular updates to forecasts, accruals and cashflow management.
- Create, track and manage Service Order Requests, and invoice reconciliation
- Participates in cost and schedule assurance, risk reviews, benchmarking, and lookback activities as needed.
- Engages others to develop shared understanding of client needs, problems, process improvement opportunities, or changes as needed.
- Supports the mentoring and training of suppliers who contribute to the Cost Engineering process by serving as a first line of support to offer guidance and assistance.
- Ability to interface with refineries, project managers, contractor and functional team
- Monthly reporting duties, assisting the estimators within the team
- Forecasting future costs for the completion of projects
- Make sure the cost forecast is reflected properly
- 5+ years of cost engineering/project controls experience required
- Demonstrated experience with formal project management systems, principles and associated processes, practices, or tools. Broad knowledge of oil and gas industry and professional cost engineering
- Skilled in the use MS Excel is strongly required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to work in a multi-functional team and contractor environment; able to facilitate work teams to provide cost and performance updates.
- Previous experience with home office engineering (front end loading / front end engineering design / detailed design)
- High School Diploma or GED