Our client is seeking a Cost Estimating Lead III to work within their facilities in Houston, TX.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Gain deep understanding of North Caspian Sea history
Assess historical capex challenges in the Caspian
Support Kazakhstan Future capex development efforts:
Work closely with Upstream Development Planning
Evaluate historical capex building blocks (onshore and offshore oil & gas processing, pipelines, artificial islands)
Identify step changes in technology that could reduce historical capex
Generate ground up capex building blocks
Participate in concept development brainstorm workshop
Develop capex estimates for new development concepts
Perform capex benchmarking
Analyze OBO capex; generate Gate 2 capex estimate
Develop Estimate Confidence Package
Participate in SCSA workshop
Arctic, Caspian, frontier capex estimating experience preferred
Estimating and controls experience
The Cost Estimating Lead will provide direct oversight and supervision for cost estimate preparation and quality assurance reviews for Company operated and Other Builder Operator estimates for cost estimates for all Gate and Funding milestones. The Estimating Lead will also coordinate the preparation of Check Estimates / Schedules to compare with Operated by Others (OBO) Operator-prepared submittals and Estimate / Schedule assessments (verification of project cost & schedule bases). This person will also provide leadership and consulting to the Estimating Supervisor on the direction and progressing improvements to Estimating Group process efficiency tools and quality assurance review improvements.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks, a Level 3 would:
* Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
* Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT and external clients
* Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
* Provide cost control and planning advice to the internal PMT team as and when required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Professional position with advanced (20+ years) cost & schedule estimate development experience
* Bachelors degree in Engineering required
* Skills to negotiate and broker successful solutions between Internal Coordination parties above
* Strong Influencing, Consulting, Mentoring, Analytical, and Computing skills
* Adaptability to changing priorities
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting