Our client, a major company within the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Data Engineer to work on a 6-months assignment at their office in the Rockies Region (Denver, CO).
This position is located in the Rockies Region (Denver, CO) and they'll be a member of the Wyoming/Utah Team. Successful candidates will be responsible for data management, data analysis/interpretation and development of tools and scorecards.
- This position requires 3+ years of transferrable experience.
- Robust computer skills including MS Office and other productivity software.
- Computing Skills desired
- SQL Server
- Oracle SQL/T-SQL (Transact SQL)
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Active Data Objects (ADO)
- OLE (object linking and embedding)
- Scripting (any language)
- Experience with SpotFire, OpenWells, SAP, Aries, OFM, PowerTools, a plus, but not required.
- Recommends preliminary conclusions for complex problems and data analysis for further evaluation.
- In addition, the candidate should have a strong background database management and related computer applications.
- Support engineering & planning staff by combining data to develop, update and monitor multiple engineering databases.
- Provide assistance to less experienced staff, as needed.
- Perform analysis on engineering data for troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts.
- Analyze processes and recommend implementation for process improvements.
- Streamline and automate manual procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate across disciplines, applying lessons learned and best practices.
- Maintain data used for evaluating asset performance and economics for quarterly and year end business reviews.
- May be responsible for written and verbal presentations to management.
- Takes an active part in team meetings and decisions.
- Uphold all company environmental, health and safety policies and principles.
- S. Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related scientific discipline preferred, but not required. Rate will be commensurate with education and experience.