Our Client, North America's leading gas companies, is looking for a Designer IV to work with them at Salt Lake City.
* Supports the overall engineering design effort of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and Technical Services Projects, when necessary, by developing and/or compiling the required design and construction information from various sources including; site studies, vendor drawings, catalog data, engineering sketches, reference drawings and input from other disciplines.
* Performs facility as-built walk-downs as needed to develop, update and maintain Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's), Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID's), Facility Plot Plans, Emergency Operating Procedure drawings, and other drawings that may be required.
* Provides technical support, designs, and drawings for complex engineering projects.
* Plans and conducts work requiring independent evaluation, also assumes responsibility for contribution to the success of a project.
* Creates designs for pipeline and related facilities based on scope requirements provided by internal business partners. Prepares working plans and detail drawings and maps according to standards and specifications.
* Communicates with internal and external business partners to determine needs and satisfaction.
* Reviews and verifies that plans, designs, drawings, and maps conform to applicable codes, company standards, specifications and the requirements of internal business partners.
* Develops and maintains facility drawings for Plants, Stations, and above ground appurtenances in supporting O&M and Technical Services projects ensuring regulatory compliance and supporting safe, reliable, and efficient operations.
* Ensures accurate, timely, and efficient design and delivery of drawings from conception to as-built state and continued maintenance and updates afterwards. These drawings and documents include Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's), Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID's), Facility Plot Plans, Emergency Operating Procedure drawings, Relief System Design data, and other drawings that may be required
* Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability.
* Basic ability to utilize various forms of media, including print, electronic and film.
* Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
* Previous experience using the computer to create layouts and generate new images.
* Experience with AutoCAD and CADWorx, or equivalent computer aided design (CAD) software is a must
* Associate of Applied Science degree in Design and Drafting Technology or equivalent experience work experience Broad level of knowledge concerning industry codes, standards and practices such as ASME, API, ANSI, DOT, ISA, NEC, ACCI, AISC, UBC, ASCE, NFPA, AWS, NACE, IBC, etc.
* 8-10 years of drafting experience and 6+ years would have focused on independent design assignments.
* Include a minimum of 6 years of related experience in gas and oil industry design and drafting"