Our client, a major oil and gas company, is searching for a Division Order Supervisor to be a part of the Land Administration team in The Woodlands, Texas or Denver, CO.
- Conduct extensive analysis and interpretation of the provisions of Leases, Division Orders, Contracts, Deeds, Probate and Assignments
- Obtain curative material as needed
- Proficient in DOI set up for all well types
- Develop proficiency in working with DOI set up for units
- Determine division of interest and timely payment of royalties
- Create Division Order, supplemental Division Order or Transfer Order
- Revise working interests and royalty interests based on deeds, assignments, judgments and decrees
- Monitor various owner, lease, well / DOI reports for all geographic areas
- Communicate effectively communicates internally within Land Admin and with counterparts on Extended Teams (E&P, Accounting, Marketing, Legal and Internal Controls) and externally with owners / vendors and other customers
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Administer Division Order functions and basic working knowledge of relevant processes, procedures and application with increased latitude for independent action and decision-making while leveraging strong technical knowledge
- Minimum 12 years of experience in land records, titles and leases as well as previous experience in Division Order work required.
- S. Degree in Energy or Land Management, or Business Administration preferred.
- Understanding of Land Sarbanes Oxley, (SOX), controls and how they impact business processes
- Familiar with the Quorum Land System
- Strong technical knowledge and analytical expertise
- Competency in computer input of Land / Revenue (Division of Interest & Joint Interest updates); Imaging and Well systems and its interfaces and Division Order set up and maintenance with limited supervision
- Perform as lead on department projects and leads or serves as department lead on multidisciplinary projects.
- Ensure consistency of approach and provides guidance and training as appropriate.
- Promotes development of staff within Land
- Ability to ensure work is accurate and completed timely and that controls are adequate for safeguarding assets and maintaining data entry
- Leadership qualities
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets for well set up
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-discipline professionals and individuals at all level