The primary function of the Document Controller/Lead is the quality of Document Control products and services to project teams and compliance with project excellence. The document controller lead will work within a multi-functional team environment with the primary purpose of leading the document controls team in maintaining the integrity of documents as they are transmitted back and forth between each of the sites and the EP Contractor.
- This role is accountable for the implementation of existing document control specifications.
- Is accountable for the reliability, irretrievability and traceability of the project data.
- Lead Document Controls Team in:
- The tracking of contractor and vendor deliverables throughout the project lifecycle (recording revisions, revision purposes, distribution and transmittal histories).
- Providing the framework for the processing of incoming and outgoing correspondence in a timely manner.
- Working with the project team and contractors in the creation of a Master Deliverables Register and ensuring that metadata field is accurately updated and maintained
- Preparing and implementing squad checking documentation in accordance with procedure and distribution matrices.
- Providing guidance and governance in naming of files, requesting drawings from the sites, and assisting the engineering staff with closeout and turnover at the completion of the projects
- Prepare accurate status reporting.
- Alignment with the Document Control standards and ensuring any deviations due to project-specific needs are controlled and traceable.
- Providing back-up document control support as needed on other projects
- Provide input into systems (edms)
- Create and facilitate trainings as needed.
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, SharePoint and Excel 2007.
- Experience with, and comprehension of, deliverables management (revision control, deliverables registers, squad checking and libraries.
- Experience with, and comprehension of, transmittals and correspondence management.
- Experience in implementing document management systems to support physical and electronic environments.
- Ability to converse and convey ideas, facts and issues clearly, accurately, coherently and professionally to a diverse project team.
* 5-10 years direct experience