Our client, a global provider of technical, professional, and scientific services, is seeking someone for a Document Control position to work within their facilities located in Richmond, CA.
The Document Control professional will work both independently as a team member on oil refinery projects for engineering design and construction. He or she will be responsible for all aspects of document control: representation, retrieval, distribution and storage of engineering drawings and documents. He or she will maintain and update databases, create transmittals, process vendor data, interface with company personnel and with clients, as well as mentor and assist co-workers and customers. This position may require some travel.
- Has complete understanding and application of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards.
- Performs work of complex scope.
- Works under general direction, participates in setting assignment objectives; plans own task schedule to satisfy objectives; work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
- Represents organization, interacting with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters.
- Coordinates and administers assigned configuration management activities relative to identification, control, and accounting for specification and change documents.
- Establishes procedures for and implements the introduction of changes to engineering documents for assigned project:
- Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, and support:
- Ensures that customer requirements are implemented:
- Reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with contract requirements and configuration management policies.
- Minimum requirements of 5-7 years of related experience, AA or AS or related experience.
- Experience in document control managing large projects in the oil, petrochemical, or construction industries.
- Must have experience in project document control supervision or management, as pertaining to design data, vendor data, design review, distribution, and retention of documentation from project kick-off to closeout.
- Must have computer skills.
- Knowledge of Bluebeam and Engineering Document Management System [EDMS] preferred.