Document Control Specialist
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solutions to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled. Right now, one of our clients has this opportunity.
Our client is seeking a Document Control Specialist in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. This is a full-time, 1-year contract with the potential for extension. Local candidates will be preferred. The role is responsible for executing the day to day Document Control processes and activities ensuring the integrity, accessibility and traceability of all applicable data in compliance with requirements. The Document Control Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all documentation meets Company requirements. Processes will be followed through with a high degree of accuracy to support the Document Control objectives of reliability, accessibility and traceability.
- Execute all Document Control (DC) processes in compliance with applicable work aids and specifications to ensure deliverables are processed accurately and completely.
- Receive, quality check, make available, notify and distribute documents to relevant recipients.
- Evaluate deliverables received (both internal and external) against applicable work aids and standards and accept or reject as necessary.
- Maintain a high level of quality and accuracy while executing DC processes including deliverable acceptance, metadata entry and distribution.
- Support direct Supervisor with providing team members with training and day to day guidance and support to ensure compliance with all applicable document control standards and requirements and ensure effective use of tools and systems.
- Communicate consistent internal and external quality issues, process improvements and specification gaps to direct Supervisor.
- Ensure all requests are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Travel as required to vendor offices or the work site as agreed upon with the project managers and direct Supervisor.
- Minimum 5 years of Document Control experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- Construction experience in a Document Control position
- Commissioning/Operations support experience in a Document Control position
- Experience with using Content Management Systems (CMS)
- High level proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), with strong writing and communication skills