Airswift is seeking a Document Controller to work on a 6-months contract in Houston, TX for a large LNG Company.
- Communicate effectively with the project team and outside contractors.
- Work with the Company Document Control Coordinator and Information Management personnel in implementing Project DMS system and procedure changes in order to optimize document control processes.
- Manage all Project official documentation (includes engineering/technical, correspondence, project management - commercial, legal) generated by company and contractor to be stored in the Document Management System.
- Manage transmittal of information between company and contractor.
- Accurately review and classify project documentation (including engineering and vendor)
- Implement, update and manage the Company Document Control processes, procedures, and specifications to ensure accurate records of all Project official documentation generated by the Company, the Contractor or its vendors.
- Coordinate and work with other similar skilled Project Document Controllers across continents to ensure consistency of training, process, and enforcement of document control procedures.
- Assist with coordination and prioritization work for less skilled Project Document Controllers to ensure consistency of training, process, and enforcement of document control procedures.
- Travel may be required, including international.
Training, support, process development and global deployment
- Assist in the training of additional Project Document Controllers when required
- Identify updates or changes to Project Document Control processes and procedures as necessary for evaluation
- Provide technical support and assistance for the electronic document management system (Provide technical guidance to MCP for the administration of project files)
- Assist in the delivering of training as required to assure that all project staff have a clear understanding of the policies, procedures and software related to access and review documents
- Provide technical support and assistance for the electronic document management system (Provide technical guidance to MCP for the administration of project files) as needed
- Work with other Project Document Controllers across continents to ensure consistency of processes, and enforcement of Document Control procedures
- Ensure Supplier and Contractor compliance with MCP procedures in the management of project documents, their metadata, and transfer
- Provide feedback regarding work progress to company management and/or Document Control Coordinator where applicable
- Four to six years previous Document Control experience preferred
- Experience with Major Capital Projects is extremely desirable
- Minimum of 3 years administering and using an electronic document management system preferred
- Proven knowledge of distinguishing the difference between different types of project documentation
- Must have a methodical and well organized approach to the work environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to interface with colleagues at all levels
- Be able to receive constructive criticism for professional growth
- Must be computer literate - including:
- Having a working vocabulary of computer and information system components
- Understanding fundamental principles of computer processing
- Having a perspective for how non-technical people interact with technical people
- Good Working Knowledge in Microsoft Windows environment using the following:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access or other database tool, including definition of filters, searching, the use of wildcards, and creation of reports