Our client, a major offshore drilling company, is seeking someone for the Document Controller position to work within their facilities located in Sugarland, TX.
The Document Controller must have a strong understanding of documentation and file management of compliance, technical, and/or drilling company records. This position supports worldwide operations and operational support staff in class/flag compliance document control processes and maintenance of associated electronic applications/systems.
- Responsible for the distribution and tracking of alerts, procedural change notifications, documentation/plans and maintaining database related to class/flag compliance.
- Ensures document control practices are applied to compliance documentation and manual.
- Assist with ISM, ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 audits and proactively manages compliance documentation to meet the needs of these standards.
- Maintain/update compliance (Flag/State) documentation.
- Provide expertise and information on general work instructions as it relates to a document control environment.
- Maintains various transaction logs established for tracking document control.
- Supports operations and operational support staff in compliance document control processes.
- Provide periodic reports as required
- Maintain SharePoint sites and other applicable electronic applications for compliance and rigs including Rig Certificates, Rig Specific compliance manuals/plans, associated BI Dashboard, etc.
- Provide document control guidance and assistance when needed.
- Process general files, rig-specific files, drawings, photograph albums, vendor data and manuals, rig engineering analyses and design reports, technical library general correspondence, file index, rig drawing database compilation and maintenance, API Index & publications, transmittal logs (in/out), vendor catalog index, and other controlled documents.
- Scan paper files, drawings, etc. for electronic filing / data transfer as appropriate.
- Implement and improve file management, both electronic and hardcopy, as needed.
- Liaison with IT department for file and data management needs and improvement.
- Liaison with Legal department on company records retention program.
- Respond to requests for information from personnel, regions and/or rigs.
- Prepare documents/data for distribution by performing the following tasks: typing, label making, page assembly, and copying various rig manuals, technical reports/analyses, and other materials as assigned.
- Prepare distribution packages for shipment by FedEx, DHL, courier, etc.
- Interface with all departments in the performance of job functions.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned by management.
- Three years of experience in document / data control with increasing responsibilities.
- Proactive: detail oriented and works independently and within groups.
- Experience and good understanding of modern web based Electronic Document Management Systems ("EDMS"), as well as traditional paper-based systems.
- Strong understanding of ISO 9001 document and record control requirements.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance related document control, and preferred understanding of class and/or flag state authorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.