Our client, an American energy company, is seeking someone for a Documentation/Operations Specialist position to work within their facilities located in Midland, TX.
This professional will be responsible to build documentation to define Operations and Maintenance requirements for facilities and infrastructure operation. Operations Support Technicians will be responsible to write and build Operating Procedures, Maintenance Plans and solicit feedback from Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and vendors to ensure all needs are addressed. This will be an evergreen process where updates will be made to these procedures as needed to capture learnings and disseminate across all Operating and Maintenance teams.
- Coordinate communications and efforts between the PT and Operations to plan and execute Documents for Operations schedule and processes to meet Company Specifications
- Ensure Company requirements for DFO are understood by the PT and its Contractors and Suppliers
- Interface with Project Team members to support identification of start-up, integrity critical and ready for Operations deliverables
- Plan and conduct DFO workshops, refresher training sessions and roll DFO expectations and requirements to PT and its Contractors as necessary
- Provide guidance, and Facilitate resolution of DFO queries and deviations
- Monitor the PT progress of the review of DFO deliverables, turnover from the contractor to the PT, and handover to operations, report the status of DFO review to handover cycle for tracking purposes
- Identify Gaps and provide resolutions.
- Report deficiencies to Information Management Lead
- Transmit Early Deliverable / Final Deliverable information packages to Operations
- Proactively bring to the attention of the Project Information Management Lead any issues that could potentially impact final documentation quality, cost or schedule
- Determine the frequency and perform DFO internal audits within the PT and external audits of Contractor and Sub-Contractor teams, and ensure resolution of issues raised
- Ensure adequate performance measurements are implemented to support DFO progress and reporting.
- Ensure all final DFO drawings, documents, and their associated attributes are progressively loaded into Company Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) (UDocs)
- Must have operations and / or maintenance experience, preferably someone with lead experience (ex. foreman or higher) with history defining or writing such plans.
- Will consider engineer or strong engineer tech if they have enough operations experience.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, eMaintenance, SAP) required.
- Able to work across multiple groups to solicit feedback and align forward plans without formal authority.