Drilling / Drillsite Manager - Onshore
Posted: 10-06-2019 17:40
Moon Township, Pennsylvania, USA
Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking a Drilling / Drillsite Manager to work within their facilities located in Moon, PA. This will be for an intitial 12 month contract which will be subject to extension.
The Drill Site Representative is responsible for the safe execution of drilling operations and providing assistance to office-based engineering teams.
- Follow safe operating practices and ensure compliance with environmental, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for all personnel and being the company representative on the well site. Candidates must have experience as a well site leader.
- Assist in the engineering design of all drilling programs, all new drilling wells; prepare drilling and completion procedures.
- Ensure that drilling and completion operations are carried out with best oilfield practices and in accordance with program and all relevant Company standards.
- Provide detailed timely reports to engineers via various software programs, including WellView
- Provide support to engineering team on a variety of subjects, including drilling program designs, fluid and cementing designs and rig equipment modification.
- Assumes initial control of any emergency onsite and follows the procedures outlined in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Ensures that the rig contractor and service company personnel perform safely and efficiently and in accordance with their contractual obligations.
- Witnesses and documents all required safety drills, testing and in-house inspections of equipment, and ensures conformity to required standard of performance and frequency.
- Requests mobilization of materials, equipment, and services in a timely manner and initiates the removal of redundant materials and the immediate return of rental equipment when it is no longer required.
- Ensures that the Drilling Superintendent is fully briefed on all drilling operational matters.
- Maintains a well file on the current well and submits it to the Completions & Drilling Engineer at the completion of each well.
- Ensures the drilling activities are in continual compliance with its HSE Management System
- Facilitate, conduct HSE Risk Assessment for the drilling activities in liaison with the concerned departments
- Ensure compliance of Drilling contractor personnel with HSE policies procedures and standards
- Managing activities of drilling contractor personnel and 3rd party contractors, managing logistics for personnel and equipment to and from location.
- Works well with others in a multi-functional team environment.
- Sets clear expectations and provides feedback to employees and Contractor personnel.
- Supports the training process and training programs.
- Diverse drilling experience including horizontal drilling execution.
- Must have 10+ years of industry experience
- Must have 7+ years of drill site supervisory/management experience
- Well Control Certification
- Significant exposure to additional areas of drilling operations, including directional & M/LWD, oil/synthetic base fluids, pad drilling, air drilling, etc.
- Demonstrated leader with excellent management, supervisory and communication skills
- Proficiency in reporting with a variety of systems
- Possession of current IADC or IWCF well control certificate
- Familiarity with OSHA and EPA Health & Safety Regulations
- A working knowledge of area oilfield/drilling & completions regulations and compliance requirements
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Holds self & others accountable for performance.
- Nurtures professional growth of other DSMs. Strong mentor to other DSMs.
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Strong DSM experience in the oil and gas field
- Degree in an engineering discipline is preferred
- 15+ years of inspection experience in the Oil & Gas Industry