The Drilling Site Consultant is responsible for ensuring that the well is drilled in accordance with the approved drilling program and that all operations are completed in a safe and prudent manner on time and within budget. The drilling site consultant is expected to oversee the work and scheduling of all third-party personnel. Work location could be based out of one of the following field offices: Mansfield, Kingfisher, Carrizo Springs, Sligo, Douglas, Louisville, Sayre. Confirmation will be provided upon work order completion.
Work schedule is primarily a 2 week on, 2 weeks off rotation, 14 days in a row, 12-hour days.
- Be familiar with the established well control procedures;
- Be familiar with the established drilling operational procedures;
- Ensure reporting requirements are fulfilled;
- Ensure all classification society and authorities rules and regulations applicable to the activities are adhered to;
- Be safety conscious in all his work and behavior;
- Ensure Company's and Client's HSE and Q/A policies and standards are followed on the rig sites;
- Actively participate to HSE inspections/audit on the rig site;
- Provide information to investigations in case of serious incidents;
- Apply the correct application of prescribed safety standards and regulations;
- Maintain proper housekeeping is maintained on the rig site
- Whenever instructed by his/her superiors liaise on behalf of Company with the Client's representative regarding contract management and interpretation;
- Working knowledge of Wellview
- Experience as a Drilling Site Consultant for 10 or more years with an independent or major oil company.
- Having work experience as a toolpusher or above for a drilling contractor a preferred plus.
- Have extensive industry training and a valid well control certification.
- Have detailed and demonstrated technical knowledge of drilling horizontal wells
- Have detailed and hands on experience drilling directional wells along with a detailed
- understanding of directional drilling techniques and equipment.
- Have detailed understanding of drill bits, drilling motors and the relation of the drilling rig circulating system to these tools.
- Have detailed understanding and hands on experience with various weighted and non-weighted mud systems.
- Experience with oil-based mud and water-based mud.