Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking a Drilling Supervisor to work within their facilities located in Watkins, Colorado. This will be for an intitial 3 month contract which will be subject to extension.
- Provides onsite drilling oversight on exploratory and subsequent development wells. Overall safety and environmental aspects of the operations.
- Ensures local regulations are strictly complied with at all times.
- Develops a plan for the successful and efficient implementation of the Drilling program to optimize operations.
- Reacts to and controlling any situation regarding the rig and personnel onboard.
- Tracks and controls costs.
- Maintains records and reports of operations. Maintains good communication between office and rig.
- Coordinates and critiques service company activities. Provides office based operational support as required. Reviews and optimizes drilling programs/procedures.
- Assists in preparation of drilling documentation/manuals.
- Participates in emergency preparedness and permitting activities.
- Typically requires 10-15 years of experience.
- Provides oversight to professional and/or lead staff.
- Responsibilities may include several technical/functional areas.
- Resolves complex problems.
- Provides input to development of technical/functional strategies and ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives.
- Decisions are guided by functional objectives.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.