Our client, a major oil and gas company, is looking for an EHS Specialist to work in Tioga, North Dakota.
The delivery, coordination, scheduling and documentation of EHS training to field and office personnel in the Bakken asset. This position will facilitate and document skills testing for computer based EHS training courses. This position will assist in the revision/maintenance of emergency response plans.
This position requires someone with great organizational and communication skills and working knowledge of the EHS requirements for the various job positions. This position also requires someone with proficiency in the following programs: Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
The areas that this position will need to be knowledgeable in are: Benzene Awareness, Fire Extinguishers, First Aid / CPR/AED, Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness, Incident Command System, Land Transportation, LOTO
- Under direct supervision, provides technical assistance to field personnel for the implementation Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Work with the operations staff to collect and maintain required EHS data.
- Possess practical knowledge of computer programs, and applicable environmental, health and safety statutes and regulations; gained through formal education in a related field and verifiable experience with its applicability within the Oil and Gas industry (2-5 years.)
- Communicates effectively with the EHS Supervisor/Lead to resolve violations, maintain permits and address releases.
- Collaborates with data collection, and provides field input for the evaluation/improvement of Company policies and procedures.
- Provides support to the investigation of Company violations of a regulatory nature, including field investigations.
- Promotes awareness of EHS procedures on site and acts in a safe manner to avoid unnecessary risks.