Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for an Electrical Designer to work within their facilities in Houston, TX.
An Electrical Designer is required to support an electrical substation Pre-FEED project, working with the Electrical Engineering team to produce deliverables for new facilities and brownfield integration.
- 2D/3D CADD and design of low (400 to 690V) and medium voltage (10 to 35kV) electrical equipment including equipment layout, cable tray layout, preliminary cable routing, conduit layout, splice locations, schematics, UPS, etc.
- Experience with SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL), including library maintenance, database population, and deliverable production
- Appropriate Knowledge of US National Electrical Code (cable sizing, tray sizing)
- Working knowledge of Cable Tray Installation Guidelines (NEMA VE 2 or IEC equivalent)
Demonstrated experience producing the following deliverables from SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL):
- Electrical Load Lists
- Single Line Diagrams
- Switchgear / Transformer / UPS Data Sheets
- Cable Schedules
- Motor schematics and wiring diagrams
- Familiarity with IEC equipment, codes, and standards.
- Formal Education in Industrial Electrical design or other Practical Training in Industrial Electrical installation