Our client, a major O&G company, is looking for an Electrical Engineer to work within their facilities in Bakersfield, CA.
Responsible for designing, developing, analyzing electrical power systems for electrical reliability and/or installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for upstream oilfield operations.
Develop engineering drawings, read and interpret electrical drawings. Understand and develop electrical power system Reliability improvement systems.
Review and present the cost effectiveness, reliability and safety of certain design models. Discuss estimates for time and cost to complete projects with clients.
Provide commissioning guidance to others involved with the projects or tasks being worked. Knowledgeable on specifications, electrical codes, and installation requirements.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas.
- Advanced ability to perform details calculations to compute and establish construction and installation standards and specifications.
- Advanced ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Advanced ability to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
- 8+ years of experience working as an Electrical Engineer
- Previous Oil and Gas experience
- Experience with 480V MCC's, switchgear, VSD's, VFNR start systems and transformers, breakers.
- Experience with Arc Flash Hazard Analysis,
- Knowledge of ETAP electrical analysis software
- Experience with electrical overhead power systems 480V, 12kv & 115KV power systems and substations
- Upstream oil and gas experience
- This position will require traveling to field locations. One day a week or less. Mileage will be reimbursed.