Airswift is working in partnership with Oil Search to recruit an E&I Technician to be based at Iagifu Ridge in PNG on a rotational basis. The E&I Technician will ensure the timely completion of all Electrical /Instrumentation, communication maintenance, installation requirements and associated work within the Oil and Gas field area, encompassing the wellheads, flowlines, gas plant and camp facilities.
Why Oil Search?
As a growing Papua New Guinean company, Oil Search operates all of the country's producing oil fields, holds an extensive appraisal and exploration portfolio and has a 29% interest in the PNG LNG Project. There are exciting growth opportunities ahead of us like the potential expansion of the PNG LNG Project and proposed development of the Papua LNG Project. This combined with the recent acquisition of major oil fields in Alaska makes Oil Search a great place to discover and explore your potential.
Location- Iagifu Ridge, Papua New Guinea - Rotational
Duration:- 24 months - Fixed Term Contract
Rota- 28 days ON / 28 days OFF
- Give daily work direction to contractor hands working with the maintenance group, and ensure they receive training in all aspects of the Oil Search HSES culture
- Respond to incidents, and emergencies as required.
- Ensure the timely completion of all Electrical /Instrumentation, and communication maintenance and installation requirements and associated work within the Oil and Gas field area, encompassing the wellheads, flowlines, gas plant, and camp facilities.
- Comply with OSL HSES Management systems.
- Completion of planned maintenance and installation tasks within the allocated timeframe to prevent impact on gas production.
- Proficient in all aspects of discipline and able to effectively diagnose and complete non routine activities.
- Defects reported and rectified in a timely manner.
- Timely response to equipment failure or breakdown.
- Accurate and timely submission of planned maintenance reports and inspection sheets.
- Report all incidents (safety, environment or operational)
- Ensure all facilities are maintained to a high standard.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in mining or Oil & Gas industry
- Detailed overall knowledge of routine maintenance and installation pertaining to Oil and Gas plant equipment i.e Oil Processing Equipment, TEG Units, boilers, microstill distillation units, meg regeneration unit, hydracell pumps, VSD controllers, 24 volt DC supply up to and including 415 volts power supply systems.
- Detailed knowledge of maintenance on camp and plant refrigeration units.
- Detailed knowledge of wellhead telemetry comms radio links.
- General knowledge of comms systems ie: phone systems, data aerial links.
- General knowledge of wellhead instrumentation maintenance.
- General knowledge of relevant electrical regulations and codes.
- General knowledge of personal computers.
- Current electricity commission certificate or be capable of attaining one for dual trades.
- Current instrumentation trade certificate or be capable of attaining on for dual trades.
- Current refrigeration and air conditioning certificate or be capable of attaining one for dual trades.
- Must be able to obtain PNG drivers license
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted by the 15th March 2019.