We are currently recruiting for a qualified Electrical Project Engineer to ensure the electrical aspects of major wind farm construction projects are delivered in accordance with contract requirements and best practices. Our client operates in the renewable energy sector on a global basis and have several projects heading into construction in Australia.
Location- Regional VIC
Duration- Fixed term contract - 12 Months + (huge project pipeline)
- Manage site Electrical works at the wind farm;
- Lead the site team including internal staff and subcontractors
- Review detailed design from design team
- Ensure that design guidelines and specifications are successfully delivered on the installations of all electrical works from the site based team.
- Define site safety practices and protocols in alignment with standards and ensure safety procedures are followed and work site is safe for all employees, customers, subcontractors and the public.
- Monitor project schedule, ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
- Coordinate various trades and work fronts on site to maximize productivity and ensure adherence to contractual obligations.
- Produce accurate and timely progress reports.
- Conduct quality inspections during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate policies and programs.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in construction with an electrical or mechanical degree
- Liaise directly with the Project Manager and Site Construction Manager
- Leadership of site-based subcontractors and employees that has resulted in a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with customer and stakeholders.
- Experience with mentoring and managing performance of a construction delivery team
- Strong work ethic and diligence with administration.
- Previous accountability for budgeting and cost management.
- Strong computer skills, SAP knowledge highly preferred.
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives.
- Post Graduate Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted by 31st May 2019.