POSITION: Employee Relations Superintendent
REPORTS TO: Workforce Relations Manager (WRM)
LOCATION: Maputo and Cabo Delgado (Afungi site as directed)
SUPERVISES: Workforce Relation Advisors
Please note: This opportunity is only available to Mozambican nationals.
All CVs must be in English.
The Employee Relations Superintendent focuses on the Rovuma LNG Area 4 LNG construction project, including labour relations, work permits & visas, EPC contractor interface, Government of Mozambique (GoM) interface, support contrition camp management (including the monitoring Contractor compliance and deliverables), as well as oversight of project team personnel. The role is characterized by:
- Manage the identification of workforce risks associated with the construction Project including the development of mitigation plans,
- Develop, support and execute communication strategies that will relate workforce relations,
- With the WRM develop the site employee relation management strategy and execute with EPC,
- Coordinate efforts for EPC and contractors to understand workforce planning and support the timely acquisition of work and permits, for worker deployment.
- Develop strategies and plan for knowledge transfer from foreign worker to Mozambique workforce.
- Manage interfaces and relationships with external regulatory agencies and stakeholders.
- Facilitate development of project specific strategies aligned with Project objectives and timeframes that include workforce/industrial relations, work permit/visas, training, compliance stewardship and site communications.
- Oversee implementation of project specific workforce plans.
- Establish workforce/industrial relations metrics for the project, monitor performance and identify improvement opportunities. Capture and implement improvements from lessons learnt.
- Interfaces closely with:
- LNG Plant Construction Site Manager
- Local Content Manager
- Community Relations Manager
- Business Development Manager
- EM P+GA
- EM HR
- EM Legal Department
- EPC External Affairs Manager
- Appropriate external agencies, including the GoM.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the Employee Relations Superintendent shall include the following:
- Facilitate external affairs and interface management for LNG Plant work scope.
- Key external affairs matters relates to :
- Mozambique Workforce,
- OCN Workforce,
- Contract Compliance monitoring with respect to EPC contract.
- Maintaining constant monitoring of workforce on site, ensuring no workforce disruption.
- Oversight of timely delivery foreign work resources with the appropriate work permits/visas, including the EPC's.
- As appropriate, liaise with Government of Mozambique departments, in matters that might relate to workforce relations.
- Develop relationships with EPC and Subcontractors to allow effective management of workforce relationships.
- Liaise with the Mozambique HR Team on issues pertaining to the LNG Plant development.
- Coordinates/facilitates LNG Plant interface coordination meetings.
- Expedite communication/coordination between main contractor on critical external interface issues.
- Assist Socioeconomics Manager on issues 'inside & outside the plant fence' on an as needed basis.
- Undertake other responsibilities and tasks as directed by the WRM.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of tens (10) years industry experience working in complex operating environments; including Project phases, Industrial Relations, Change management, Transition management, Work permits/visas, Human Resources and/or commercial management duties with external interactions.
- Experience in managing external project interfaces especially workforce relation management.
- Experience with government agencies, contractors and vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of onshore facilities is preferred.
- A degree in Human Resources, Business, Law. Engineering or equivalent at the minimum.
- Fluent in Portuguese with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, coordination and planning skills and the ability to organize activities.
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated with excellent work organization skills.