Airswift is seeking an Engineering Analyst to work on a 5-months contract in Markham, ON for a large O&G company.
They'll be required to use available Work Order and installation data to identify correct failed component and to classify the failure mode.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand company job codes and job types associated with repair work
- Understand the components that form the below grade facilities of the distribution network
- Determine which Work Orders were associated to gas escapes
- Using the comments and remarks from work order history, identify the component that failed, classify the failure mode
- Using Maximo and field notes verify that the failure is associated to the correct Asset number
- Create an accurate record for each failure event.
- Engineering or other Technical Background
- Working Knowledge of GIS systems (e.g. ESRI ArcGIS)
- Working knowledge of Maximo
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, engineering drawings, and as-built construction drawings
- Technically inclined with ability to understand and solve problems by formulating conclusions based on various data inputs
- A high level of attention to detail
- Capable of quickly and independently learning new processes
- Strong sense of organization, initiative, and planning
- Technical writing capability
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and adoptability to new software platforms.
- Knowledge of gas utility below grade facilities
- Knowledge of FMEA or similar methodology
- Knowledge of time dependent failure modes versus random failure events