Our client, a major company within the O&G services industry, is seeking an Engineering Manager to work within their facilities in Houston, TX.
This position is for a multi-discipline professional will be the Engineering Manager for the organization and will be a key support to its growth.
- Establish, lead and develop a multi-discipline, multi-office engineering team.
- Ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with company's values
- Ensure safety, quality, constructability and operability are at the forefront of all designs.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of the overall engineering strategy.
- Support M&A activities including assessment, due diligence and integration.
- Support business development activities by establishing technical credibility with customers, providing input into the estimate, supporting proposal development and performing technical reviews of subcontractor and vendor packages.
- Willingness to get into project specific details, particularly at the beginning of the assignment. This includes performing engineering and design tasks as necessary.
- Monitor and forecast future workload and ensure suitable engineering resources are available.
- Identify staff numbers and expertise required to suit project opportunities and recruit staff accordingly.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant, industry experience in oil & gas primarily LNG, midstream and/or petrochemicals.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering management experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering - Preferably Chemical Engineering
- Process Engineering background preferred
- Experience in Construction, Construction Management, Maintenance or Operations roles would be well regarded.
- Licensed Professional Engineer preferred
- Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
- Experience in the management of large, multi-discipline projects and teams.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of 3D intelligent design and project delivery systems and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of U.S., Canada and applicable International codes and standards and statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety, Quality, Human Resources and Industrial Relations requirements and principles.