Our client, an international pipeline cosortium, has developed a programme of environmental initiatives, unrelated to the construction of the pipeline, with the aim of achieving a net improvement of the conservation values of the Natural resources reserve park. This programme (Biodiversity Action Plan) will include scientific studies, spatial analysis and financial evaluations, with the ultimate objective being the development of a management plan for that area.
Within this framework, the Company is looking for a qualified professional, of Russian Citizenship, which shall cover the function of Environmental Specialist to support the implementation of the Biodiversity Action Plan.
- Liaise with client's contractors and partners who are involved in the development of environmental management plans or are contracted to implement environmental improvement works
- Produce summary reports and/or statements on the environmental initiatives that are promoted and financed by Nord Stream 2
- Coordinate the administrative aspects of the contracts associated with the Biodiversity Action Plan.
Requirements and Key Qualifications:
- Degree in Environmental Sciences, Spatial Planning or Geography
- Master Degree or further education in similar subject would be an advantage
- Previous experience in nature reserve planning and/or management would be an advantage
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office package
- Availability to travel regularly to Landfall Russia site for periods of up to 4 weeks in duration (depending on activity duration)
- Mother-tongue Russian
- Fluent spoken and written English
Other skills, competencies:
- Ability to deal with different cultures and authorities
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with unexpected situations
- Flexible work attitude
Location and Travel requirements:
- Based in Moscow or St Petersburg with regular travel to Landfall Russia Site for 1 to 4 week periods (stay at project Accommodation Camp)