Our client, a major company within the LNG market is seeking an Environmental Specialist to work on an open-ended long term assignment within their facilities in Hackberry, LA.
The Environmental Specialist is responsible for performing environmental tasks to ensure efficient and accurate reporting and compliance with the various federal, state and local regulatory requirements in-support of the LNG Facility. Other duties may include conducting training and assisting in auditing, providing technical advice to operations/maintenance, assisting in the preparation of presentations and technical reports, as well as interpretation of data.
- General understanding of LNG (or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids) transportation, storage and processing including safety, environmental, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards
- Understand the various applicable Federal, state and local environmental laws, regulations, codes, standards, and permits required to develop and operate an LNG terminal
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist the Environmental Manager with accomplishing various tasks related to environmental permitting, routine inspections, and participating in and overseeing environmental information documentation to facilitate the operations and/or environmental projects related to an LNG facility.
- Monitor, audit, and prepare reports to ensure compliance with environmental regulations, permit conditions, site-specific conditions, requirements, policies or other authorizing documents required by Federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Conduct, collect, and oversee environmental permitting, testing and data collection for air, water and waste required to comply with any and all Federal, state and local environmental regulatory development and/or operational permits and conditions/requirements.
- Interface with Federal, state and local agencies, and assist with the communication and coordination of company activities including field visits, and environmental inspections with federal, state, and local agencies and outside organizations.
- Audit and assist with the management of environmental files at the LNG terminal. Document and report environmental conditions to HSSE Director as needed or as requested for environmental performance.
- Evaluate and identify Federal, state and local permit requirements and assist in the development and execution of permits and/or execution strategy. Assist with the review and oversight of all new regulatory initiatives ensuring compliance with existing regulations. Assist with the review of major capital projects and other projects to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor Degree preferred in Applied Science, Engineering, Environmental Science or other equivalent education, with no less than five (5) years of progressive experience in environmental compliance.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of environmental or regulatory compliance experience. Experience in Water and Waste compliance preferred.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status