Jr. Field Engineer - Midland, TX
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client, a large Oil and Gas Services Company is seeking a Jr. Field Engineer to work within their facilities located in Midland, TX on a 6-month contract to hire assignment.
Sample Catchers ensure efficiency, safety and cost control by providing the Client Company with a detailed analytical record of the geology, oil and gas shows, drilling and mud parameters, and related problems encountered during drilling and completion.
- Be aware of company's capabilities and ensure client in the field is made aware of potential services/techniques.
- Perform or supervise the collection of cuttings samples, from the proper lagged depths and at the proper intervals as required for evaluation.
- Wash and screen samples, divide them into correct portions, and pack them by sets for the Client, partners and trade.
- Examine and describe samples as per oil industry standards and client's specifications. Descriptions are to be performed in order for Company to provide an independent evaluation of the well.
- Evaluate all samples for the presence of hydrocarbon shows.
- Closely monitor gas levels, lag time and drilling parameters, and report any anomalies to the appropriate persons for action.
- Monitor and evaluate all data in order to identify abnormal indications of unforeseen or hazardous events, inform the relevant drilling personnel of potential dangers, indications of drilling assembly wear/failure, etc.
- Assist in core recovery and description as required.
- Assist in well test operations and sampling as required.
- Provide all interested parties with regular and timely reports based on geological and drilling data.
- Submit daily reports concerning geological and drilling parameters to the Client representative, as well as any other requested reports or documents.
- Ensure all information required to complete the final well report is identified, monitored, recorded, and available on time for inclusion into the final report.
- Keep in regular contact with the local base to report the current work situation and discuss possible problems in the field.
- Keep in mind the basic concept of service; ensure that all tasks performed for the Client meet or exceed the customer's and Company's standards.
- Remember that satisfaction of the Client is not only a function of the service itself, but also of the way it is provided. Human relations are an essential part of the job.
- Maintain the image of the Company and do not let internal problems interfere with service to the Client.
- Perform regular and frequent calibration checks of gas instruments.
- Perform normal maintenance and necessary repairs on all equipment, particularly sensors, and report breakdowns immediately to the appropriate persons.
- Propose to Management innovative ideas for improvement of techniques and equipment used in the mud logging process. Ensure a high standard of quality for installation, operation and service of equipment.
- Maintain equipment/stock inventory.
- Be aware of safety regulations and procedures as specified by the Client, Company, and relevant safety authorities; respect safety regulations in all circumstances.
- Perform local Risk Assessments to ensure that hazardous operations are minimized, controlled or procedures are put in place to minimize the circumstances.
- Maintain and clean equipment as directed.
- Available to work long hours when required.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
5 SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Essential * 0-6 months of experience in the field of Mudlogging, showing competence in well monitoring, sample catching.
- Good communication skills.
- Have adequate knowledge of basic oilfield familiarization.
- Have adequate knowledge of basic hardware maintenance.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
Preferred * Some experience with mechanical equipment