POSITION: Financial Accountant
REPORTS TO: Line Manager
Please note: This opportunity is only available to Mozambican nationals.
All CVs must be in English.
- Review and monitor all general ledger entries and work with accounting department to make any corrections
- Coordinate with Payables to ensure accurate booking of invoices
- Determine appropriate cost center structure for local affiliates and add/block cost centers as needed
- Work with various departments and individuals to ensure correct cost center usage in HR systems, travel and expense systems, intercompany mapping tables, etc.
- Monitor cost allocations within each affiliate and between affiliates
- Work with bank accounting department to resolve unidentified cash transactions
- Support external audit of financial statements
- Support government or joint venture partner audits
- Roles will evolve as the affiliate expands
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Microsoft Office experience, with advanced Excel skills
- SAP experience preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Problem solving skills
- Fluency or Advanced level of proficiency in written and verbal English