Airswift- Financial Analyst. Princeton, NJ. 6 month contract
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Financial Analyst to join them on an initial 6 month contract located in Princeton, New Jersey. This position will be subject to extension pending client project's needs and candidate performance.
Candidate will participate in the preparation of the company's SEC filling and will work in an open office environment.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Take part in the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings such as Forms 10-Q and 10-K, including preparation of workpaper support for prime financial statements, footnotes, management discussion and analysis, and external auditor compliance checklists.
- Inspect new and existing accounting literature to guarantee compliance with GAAP accounting standards, including preparation of documentation for appropriate accounting and disclosure of commercial transactions and events.
- Assist in gathering support for quarterly and annual earnings press statements and presentations for investors and analysts.
- Document internal control procedures and assist internal audit with periodic testing to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act and controls pertaining to financial reporting process.
- Contribution in performing the consolidation, including guaranteeing all intercompany account variances are resolved prior to the general ledger close.
- Assist in billing intercompany process.
Previous education & experience required:
- Bachelors' degree in accounting or related field or equivalent in training and experience
- Three to five years of experience demonstrating a working knowledge of accounting and reporting principles. Five to seven years of experience of SEC reporting experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, and computer savvy with respect to general ledger and reporting software
- SAP proficiency, HFM and Wdesk preferred
- Public accounting experience and CPA preferred
- Occasional travel to other offices might be needed.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G operator, which has the potential to be a very long term assignment please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.