Our client, a major company within the LNG segment is seeking a Fixed Equipmet Engineer to work on an 8-months to long term assignment within their facilities in Sabine Pass, TX.
This Fixed Equipment Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting equipment or scope problems during execution and recommending expedient and cost effective solutions, while also checking systems for compliance to specifications and serving as liaison between engineers, designers, and drafters. A cryogenic piping and/or ethylene experience background is a very important desirable.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Ensures the completion of engineering assignments as required by the plan
- Coordinates with inspection and specialist areas to ensure full completion of maintenance plan
- Ensure the availability of required resources (material and manpower) to carry out all turnaround responsibilities related to the team - not sure if this is too specific or not
- Provide direction to designers and direct reports in performing their roles and responsibilities
- Participates in budgeting and cost estimates.
- Develop, review and update the work instructions and working procedures, communicate updates and instructions when required
- Acts as a champion for all company engineering policies and procedures
- Ensures the recommendations from NCR's and RCM's are followed
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineer with previous plant experience
- Thorough knowledge of engineering standards and techniques in piping and mechanical fixed equipment.
- Thorough understanding of documentation and document control procedures.
- Proficient in AutoCad and special programs (CadPipe, for example)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in oral and written forms.
- Strong knowledge of the following, based on a particular area of expertise: standard mechanical fabrication and erection techniques (API); Pipe stress and hanger detail design (OSHA)
- A minimum five (5) years of overall experience in Turnarounds, maintenance, or project construction in refining or petrochemical environment.
- Expert in the use and maintenance of plant history, P&ID's, and other technical files