Our client, a major O&G company, is seeking a Geo Technician to work in a 12 months contract position, in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Responsible for geoscience-related database management.
- Provides computer-assisted geologic support to G&RE staff.
- Generates and interprets maps to assist with evaluations.
- Tracks and reports progress of 3rd party drilling and completion activity. Serves as a liaison between the asset team and various industry partners in order to obtain requested geologic and engineering data associated with 3rd party wells.
- Manages petrophysical, geochemical, core, cuttings and fluid data in an active development play.
- Creates and maintains databases for geologic and engineering data.
- Makes QCD and processed data readily available to end-users.
- Loads and formats data into critical databases (Petrel, Openwork, Techlog). Liaises with other support teams to update development team maps.
- Acts as a go-to resource for spatial analyses that are required by team members.
- Creates and maintain geoscience, engineering and industry activity maps in ArcGIS.
- Updates well performance data in ArcGIS for existing and planned wells on a routine basis. Acts as a DSM coordinator and support for the team. Coordinates submittal of hard copy of well logs for digitizing and rasterizing.
- At least 5-7 years of experience (Intermediate to Senior level).
- Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support.
- General working knowledge of specific systems (Petrel, Openworks, ArcGIS), terminology and procedures used within the department. Performs routine tasks.
- Able to solve problems and make basic decisions.