Our client, a major O&G company, is seeking a HSE Technician to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM.
- Works with Field Leadership regarding health and safety requirements and coaches them on their specific responsibilities. Addresses specific questions on HES&S processes, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Monitors implementation of the HES programs through audits and works with HES Professional on actions to improve compliance.
- Provides on-site performance monitoring of contractor and Marathon personnel. Works with personnel to drive continuous improvement in HES culture.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for Excavation, Fall Protection, and Scaffolding operations.
- Assumes position in on-call rotation, able to respond and in compliance with Company's alcohol policy.
- Supports field level HES&S meetings through development, scheduling and presentation. Conducts HES&S Orientations.
- Advises field leadership on life critical activities such as confined space entry, hot work, high H2S situations, etc.
- Participates in work planning activities including Job Safety and Environmental Analysis (JSEA), Project Risk Assessments, etc.
- Participates in audits and works with operations to close out pending items.
- Manages the purchase and/or maintenance of safety related equipment (e.g., fire extinguishers, respiratory protection equipment, H2S monitors, etc.).
- Provides support to employees and Asset leadership in reporting of HES&S incidents in compliance with the Event Management Standard.
- Supports field leadership in investigating HES&S incidents and assists in coordinating the required documentation.
- Experience in Safety industry
- Local candidates
Valid driver's license