Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking an HR Generalist, to work in their facilities located in San Ramon, California.
The Employee Relations Specialist will serve as a link between the company's station management and employees by investigating employee complaints and claims; counsels' managers and supervisors. The Specialist will also Identify potential risks/impacts of case to parties involved.
HR employees are responsible for investigation of employee complaints and facilitating resolution. Respond to regulatory agency complaints. Consult and facilitate the dispute resolution process. Consult or counsel on workplace issues by facilitating informal conflict resolution, counsel on performance issues, compliance issues, and counsel on HR Policy interpretation and practice. Works with the human resources generalist to enhance company productivity and improve performance which impacts driving business results.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by investigating employee complaints and claims; counsels managers and supervisors. Identifies potential risks/impacts of case to parties involved.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment.
- Plan and conduct new hire orientation.
- Support HR with gathering necessary documents and paperwork for addressing disputes and administering disciplinary procedures.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience required
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Strong experience with employee relations required
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Knowledge of legal policies and procedures, labor laws and performance management process.
- Coaching skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Candidates local to Bay Area required.
- HR experience within an Enterprise company or Oil/Gas industry preferred.
- SharePoint utilization skills preferred
- Education: Bachelors Degree is relevant field required
- Minimal travel to company's stations, if needed. Expenses would be covered